Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Me????


I was looking at all the posts on facebook about Happy New years and the Resolutions that people are making, when I came across this picture with the question of, "What spiritual resolutions are you making for 2013?" which really made me think. In the 15 years I have been a member of the LDS Church I have never really given this any thought. It was like BOOM. I really should do something like that. Sure I have always had goals for church but not something to work on all year long.

My goals resolutions for this year: 

#1. Get Healthy. This is my big one. I have already started on this one talking to my Doctor and working on getting out of pain so I can do stuff without hurting myself more then I already have (I fell on a wet floor in 2000 and hurt my back and my pregnancies and weight have made it worse.) Then loose weight and get fit not just for me but my family too.

#2. Work with my daughter Carolyn to be ready for her baptism in October. (She will be 8 this year.) I already have part of that going on.

#3. Work on a new project. (business venture) I am super excited about.

#4. Get very involved with my calling and doing it to my maximum capacity.

#5. Read more.

#6. Spend more time with my family doing family things and teaching my kids.

My Spiritual Resolutions:

Try to be more consistent in everything. Reading scriptures, prayers, tithing, going to the Temple going to church, FHE and so on.


So it looks like I have a lot to do and get going on I hope I can have the strength and courage to make the changes that I need to make. I have a lot on my healthy list to do and I want to make that change it is so important for me and my family because they rely on me so much. I don't want to disappoint them.
So what will you do in 2013? Talk instead of text? Finish your degree? Go back to church? Start a journal? Spend more time with your kids? Just remember that time is short, goals and resolutions are great, so make the most out of what you have, and don't loose sight of the biggest goal you should have in this life, heading back to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment