Monday, January 7, 2013

New Beginnings Hollywood Premier

I saw this picture and thought "Hollywood Premier" You see we are Presenting the girls with a Plaque of Women who have completed their Personal Progress for inspiration. Our "Stars" will be Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability,  Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue which all will be a star on the Walk of Fame. Then at the end of the "Walk of Fame" will be a picture of the Temple.

Each of the girls will have a "role" to play. Telling how a Personal Progress value has helped improve their lives. The girls that are planning on talking about the values are going to be the paparazzi and dress like such and make handouts explaining what the value is, having pictures and articles set up that represent the value (like in a tabloid.)

I was thinking of clear plastic shoes the ones you get for a wedding or shower keepsakes and a printable that says "Step out from the crowd and Stand Ye in Holy Places and Be Not Moved." like the ones here. At the end of the girls talking have the YW president present the Plaque to them with a brief explanation of what it is and why we now have it. "After Party" themed refreshments will be served at the end.

The invitations for parents (we have some girls that don't have a mom in our ward) will be in the form of movie tickets.

Our agenda:




We have a smaller ward but I am very glad to be a part of it. It is an amazing growth experience. I am hoping all goes smoothly. We shall see and I will update after we are done.


UPDATE!!!!

I am so proud of our girls they all came prepared and did there parts. It was an amazing night. The spirit was there and I think people actually learned a thing or two. I loved how the girls got into their roles as paparazzi it was great!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am planning our New Beginnings as well and I really love this idea. I read your post but all of the pictures aren't showing. Is there any way you could try re-posting them? I am just having a difficult time envisioning all of the things you mentioned. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner I don't know why my pictures are not showing up. Unfortunately I went computer-less for a couple of months because the one I used to make this crashed and will not start up again. I was finally able to get a new one and all my pictures for this were on the other computer. I will see if I can find them again.

      Delete